@ chantalgibsonartist Vancouver BC
A Grammar of Loss: Studies in Erasure. Open Space Victoria February 21, 2020.
Coming Soon: February 21 - March 28 2020
A Grammar of Loss: Studies in Erasure
Engaging in this de/colonial moment this solo show offers a visually poetic response to the questions “What does it mean to decolonize a text? And what does it really mean to confront Empire?”
Wednesday February 6, 2020 6-8pm
A Celebration of Black Canadian HERstory
MOA pays tribute to the contributions of Black Womxn Canadians with an evening of academic and artistic performances.
"The Other James Baldwin," an interactive literary-art workshop:
Using the Past to de/Colonize the Present.
· OCAD University faculty, Toronto, August 28, 2019
· First Annual Afrocentrism Conference 2019, SFU/UBC, Sept 21-22
· Franklin High School Seattle Grade 11 Students, Seattle, October 18
· WA NA WARI Arts Centre, Seattle, October 19
· Emily Carr University, Vancouver, October 30
· Open Space Victoria Residency March 24-28 2020
With thanks to BC Arts Council.
With thanks for funding from the British Columbia Arts Council, the League of Canadian Poets and the Canada Council for the Arts.